Saturday, November 14, 2009

Drew Brees Chant 2009 to 2010

People keep asking me the following questions:
1.  What are the words to the New Orleans Saints chant 2009?
2.  Do you know what the Drew Brees chant words are about?  
3.  Is the Drew Brees chant 2009 available to buy on CD anywhere?
4.  Does my bum look big in this? 
Err... OK actually that one is private but the rest are public. 

If you're looking for information on the new 2010 Saints pre game chant then please visit the Drew Brees Saints Who Dat chant page.




Drew Brees Chant 2009 in action

So I've compiled a bunch of Drew Brees chant videos I found for all those who keep asking what the great New Orleans Saints chant of 2009 is all about and in order to give you a definitive answer to each of these questions.

1.  What are the words to the New Orleans Saints chant 2009?

As you see from Darren Sharpers response in that first video they appear to be saying:
One For You
Two For You
Three Four Some More
Five Six For Kicks
Seven Eight Its Great
Nine Ten Again Again Again

When you watch it back I'm not so sure Mr Sharper is on the money there.  Maybe the 13 year veteran ace is having hearing problems in his old age...  Although clearly it's not affecting his play so we'll let him off.

Here is what the majority of Saints fans believe to be the Drew Brees chant words (NB. Since orignally writing this post Brees has confirmed these are the words to his chant as can be seen in the video below filmed in Lucy's bar following the Saints Super Bowl parade):

Brees: 1; Chorus: 2
Brees: Win; Chorus: For You
Brees: 3; Chorus: 4
Brees: Win; Chorus: Some More
Brees: 5; Chorus: 6
Brees: Win; Chorus: For Kicks
Brees: 7; Chorus: 8
Brees: Win; Chorus: It's Great
Brees: 9; Chorus: 10
Brees: Win; Chorus: Again
All: Again, Again, Again, Again!


Drew Brees Chant at Lucy's Bar

Here are two Drew Brees pregame chant videos in action.



Drew Brees Pregame Chant Words
 


New Orleans Saints Chant 2009

2.  Do you know what the Drew Brees chant words are about? 

Drew Brees is pretty secretive about the chant words although we do know he picked up the feel for it following a visit to the Marines at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.  He's followed their methodology of Core, Unit, God, Country to their logical extreme by instilling the same virtues of commitment to the shared brotherhood of the Saints team unit.  So far it seems to be an inspired choice!

3.  Is the Drew Brees chant 2009 available to buy on CD anywhere?

Not that I know of.

4.  Does my bum look big in this? 

If you are a guy I advise you never to answer that question.  You cannot win no matter what you say... Although if your girl is a big enough Saints fan you might just get away with it you recite the Drew Brees chant lyrics to her.  Actually I'm being told over my shoulder to get real as I type this so maybe best to avoid Falconer dating tips for now.  Looks I'll be buying my girl a new pair of havaianas flip flops for that indiscretion!

And that's it I think.

57 comments:

  1. I love his chant. It would inspire me if I was a Saints player.

    Great post by the way. All the info on the Saints chant in one place. I've looked elsewhere and there was always bits of info but not a complete article like this.

    Go Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm not quite "singing ay ay Iffy Iffy ay", "boom boom boom, a-let me hear you say leo" or "gee-ulls, gee-ulls, gee-ulls" is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Phil,

    There's no doubt the Drew Brees Saints chant has motivated the team in a big way. I just hope it can continue first againt the Cardinals and then a couple more games wouldn't go amiss.

    Salut

    ReplyDelete
  4. it won't. baltimore are all over it like some crazy tarpaulin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send me the drew brees chant I have to have it before gameday. Thanks kussk@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like it, too. Thanks!
    cahcadden AT gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Guys,

    I've just sent you both the Drew Brees chant MP3 as requested. Please let me know when you receive them.

    Good luck for tonight. My nerves are frayed already!!

    Best
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please send the Drew Brees chant MP3. I'd love to have it for my Mardi Gras Parade/Superbowl parties
    Thanks!
    gbbrown626@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please send the Drew Brees chant!! We are headed to the Big Easy and would love to play it!! Thanks!!

    dnshntn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Saints chant MP3 has been sent to you both. Who Dat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. please send mp3 to buddah81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the new drew brees chant....it gets both the team and crowd pumped up....please send it to me. buddah81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The New Orleans Saints chant has been sent to you my friend. What a night last night was. The Saints are Super Bowl Champions. It still hasn't sunk in yet. It's the greatest feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Chant. Can you email to rockinonyourdime@gmail.com?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article. Can you email mp3 link to LEW52105@yahoo.com?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Man! really nice stuff! Im not much of a NFL guy but this was nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks much for your message! I will definitely follow!
    Please May I say again as I do to have more visitors! We speak only Romanian and Spanish and Google transducer often do not translate very well!
    Greetings to you and your loved ones with respect to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a huge follower of the Saints but I can't believe I've not heard this before. Just awesome! Thanks for a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great article, definitely gave me something interesting to read tonight,even though I admit I am not a follower of the the Saints either. Excellent work though!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this player is awesome, can you send me his chant please ? adjudant_master_chief@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. can you send me the chant please ? adjudant_master_chief@hotmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know this is an old post, but I'd appreciate it if you could send me the chant. Thanks.
    Sgt_smitty@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pls send the link for the chant. Steeds_gt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Saints chant has been sent to all of the above apart from Troy as your email bouncedback. Can you check the above email address is correct?

    Thanks
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  25. can i have the Mp3 version?
    My email is rcceltic20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. can u please email me any brees or saints mp3s to erinjoseph199@yahoo.com , thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. can i get mp3 sent to statis_shock@hotmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. can i have the mp3 file please?

    wesbantle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can I get the mp3 sent to my email? Thank you!
    usagimoon82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Please send me that MP3... texastiger33@hotmail.com
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. mp3 please.. burdsb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please send me chant cdanna57@gmail.com. Need it fast

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love the chant as well! jkstricklin@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just so you know, the Marines code is

    - Unit
    - (Marine) Corp
    - God
    - Country

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stephanie.whiting@ymail.com ohh. Can i please have the mp3 aas well!? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this chant. Please send me the mp3 file to axel_e20@yahoo.com. Thnx

    ReplyDelete
  37. can you send me the pre-game chant download mikepeary18@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. airbuti@yahoo.com i need this chant

    ReplyDelete
  39. Is anyone still on here? Lol if so can some one send me the chants at itsjordy@live.com thanks and Who Dat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can i please get the mp3 sent to thegreenmatt@yahoo.com thanks alot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I want the chant please

    llfrancojr@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Please send me this mp3.....mrpeni@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. hey please send drew brees chant to asthelight_takesover@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Please send mp3 to jerrilynsingley@yahoo.com I would love love a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Please send me the chant at shizellyr@yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Pleas send me the mp3
    Twinsdude36@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Please send to me twinsdude36@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Pleas send it to me GraffitiArtist686@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Could you please send mp3 of 2009 chant to shayandfrank@hotmail.com? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Could you please send it to bpminers1765@live.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hey Y'all,

    My apologies for not checking back to this post for a while but I have now sent the Drew Brees pre-game chant MP3 to everyone who has asked for it on this list. If it's not got through for some reason can you leave a message on the http://www.facebook.com/NewOrleansSaintsNFL page as I will see it that much sooner.

    Thanks and hope y'all enjoy
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  52. MP3 Please! psnellcg11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi,

    Could you send the .MP3 to grasshopper323@hotmail.com?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I don't have it on my computer anymore. Click like on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/neworleanssaintsnfl and you can download it in there. Just go to the notes section.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I don't have a FB account. Can I find the file anywhere else?

      Thanks

      Delete

Top NFL Fan Sites Talking about the New Orleans Saints and the NFL in general. Blog Directory Sports & Recreation Directory