Sunday, October 25, 2009

Vikings Vs Steelers Week 7 - Saints helmet analysis

I'm looking forward to the Saints Dolphins game later today and in preparation have already donned my Saints jersey like the dedicated (geek as my lady calls me) fan that I am.  I will be writing quarter by quarter reports during the game so check in for that and comment as you feel.

Mute Saints Cell Phone

In the meantime I'm getting set up (muting cell phone, cooling beers, blocking out the sound of parental wittering - only kidding Ma!) for a heck of a showdown between the Minnesota Vikings and the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I believe one or both of these could well be divisional playoff and Super Bowl opponents so I will be studying the form with interest.

The headline match up see's Brett Favre square up against Ben Roethlisberger in the 'Who is the most rugged winner on the field' showdown.  These guys are two of the best Quarterbacks/Team Leaders to have graced the league in the modern era and both are football players who deserve ultimate respect as winners and tough, tough competitors.

I'm an old school football kind of guy.  I like players who play hard, work hard and never say die.  In both of these guys you have the epitome of what I call proper football players so it will be fascinating to see who comes out on top.

I think it's going to be a close game but if I was laying my bets right now I would give the Vikings the edge for the following reasons:

1 - The Vikings offence contains both Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson.  You maybe able to stop one but you're never going to be able to stop both all day.
 
Troy Polamalu Safety Pittsburgh Steelers


2 - The Steelers will have a fitness question mark hanging over Troy Polamalu going into the game.  He is the leader of that Steelers defence and without him firing on all cylinders they loose a certain edge.  I'll be watching the first quarter with interest to see just how freely he is moving.

3 - The Steelers are not killing games off like they used to and whilst the old saying 'form is temporary class is permanent' may hold true I just don't think the Steelers will quite be able to see this one off.

So for me this will be a one score game heading into the 4th which the Vikings will just about see off.

Stay tuned for my New Orleans Saints helmet fan analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top NFL Fan Sites Talking about the New Orleans Saints and the NFL in general. Blog Directory Sports & Recreation Directory