Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taking the rough with the smooth... Surgery and Football

Hi all,

This coming Monday morning I will be reporting to my local hospital for an operation on my back.  You see a while back two pesky discs decided that they weren't content living happily where they were in my spine, oh no.  No these two git like discs decided they wanted to venture out to see the rest of the World (of my back) and started trying to get it on with my very attractive nerves who, despite multiple rejections, still can't get any peace from these bulging brutes.  So instead a surgeon will be forcibly entering my spinal column to eject the offending pair and hopefully leave me able to walk after 8 months of pretty much unrelenting pain.

Prolapsed Disc


What's this got to do with football you may ask?  Well I was just getting to that my impatient friend (I'm talking to my sub-concious here, not you dear reader).  I learnt a valuable lesson in life a while back that, quite simply, it can be a bit shit at times so you have to take the rough with the smooth or you'd forever be drinking bottles of Jack till 6 in the morning lamenting one's bad luck.  So in the manner of looking at the glass half full I present to you the following cheery scenario:

1.  Family feels bad about me having to have operation - check

2.  Family wants me to have comfortable weekend before operation - check

3.  Family grits teeth at annoucement that I really think the only thing to take my mind off matters is to watch college football all day Saturday and the NFL all day Sunday - check

4.  Family slightly appeased by fact that I think take away pizzas all round is the only way family will get through weekend - check

5.  The lovely wife and I to head to bedroom to....  Oh dear is that the time already, I don't want to keep you and really need to be getting on.  Thank-you so much for stopping by, we must do this again sometime...

A big scoring Saints victory over the Jets on Sunday would be the perfect good night tonic before the full anaesthetic hits me Monday morning.  That way I can dream happy hanging out with John, Paul, George and Ringo, the Yellow Submarine and catching the winning Saints touchdown.

Beatles Yellow Submarine Saints


Gotta love football and gotta love life!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your surgery goes well. I'll send prayers your way. My husband had two back surgeries and he is pain free, golfing, anything he wants too. Mind the doctor during recovery and do what he says. Good luck!
    Sandra
    Mathy,Techy,Artsy Fartsy

    ReplyDelete

Top NFL Fan Sites Talking about the New Orleans Saints and the NFL in general. Blog Directory Sports & Recreation Directory