Monday, August 22, 2011

Sean Payton Unhappy With Team And With Good Reason

Apart from the fact that our first string D couldn't stop the run or passing game I thought we looked pretty good against the Texans - well at least when the D was stood on the sidelines.

Particularly impressive were most of the guys trying to lay claim to the starting spots. At one time I saw Paul Oliver standing with his hand on hip and helmet in the other. I took this to be a good sign. Now if he can just improve that stance by placing two hands in his lap whilst sitting in the stands I'd feel a lot better about our chances. In fact if the whole D could do that for the rest of the week and study game film that would be good.

What they'd start to notice is the fact they got man handled by a not overly good Houston front. Running lanes the size of the Atlantic were open, time was had in the pocket and I think I even saw Matt Schaub knitting a jumper at one point such was the time afforded to his drop backs.

Oh well, it is still pre season, the coaches haven't had the players for that long but I do hope it serves as a wake up call. Some fires need to be lit under some players asses this week if they want to keep their jobs.

In better news the more I see of Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles the more I think our O will fly this year. Add to that the fact butter fingers Meacham took a very difficult over the shoulder catch and things are on the up in places (did I spy stickem on his gloves?).

The continued development of Chase Daniels is another plus point as is the emergence of wee Mr Morgan. Will he make the team? I sure hope so on the evidence of these two outings. A wildcard if ever I saw one.

So overall some hope and some nail biting ahead.



And now to really whet your appetites here's the kick off commercial for the Saints and Packers game. Let's get ready to rumble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top NFL Fan Sites Talking about the New Orleans Saints and the NFL in general. Blog Directory Sports & Recreation Directory